The field of neurology deals with organic diseases of the central nervous system (CNS), which include the brain and spinal cord, as well as the peripheral nervous system (PNS), which consists of the nerve roots, nerve networks and the nerves themselves. Diseases of the muscles are also assigned to neurology.
Common neurological disorders or complaints that cause them are:
- Ηeadaches (e.g. migraine, tension headache, cluster headache)
- Sensitivity disorders (e.g. numbness, „tingling“, facial pain)
- Stroke and its consequences
- Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders (e.g. dystonia, tremor syndrome, Huntington’s disease, ataxia)
- Epilepsy and other seizure disorders
- Multiple sclerosis
- Dementia (e.g. Alzheimer’s disease, vascular dementia, Pick’s disease, normal pressure hydrocephalus)
- Polyneuropathies (PNP) and motor neuron diseases (e.g. ALS)
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Restless legs syndrome
We cannot offer treatment of psychiatric illnesses (e.g. depression, psychoses, personality disorders, addictions) in our surgery. If you are unsure or have any questions, please contact us!